Suggested selection of blades for Bosch PMF 180 E ?

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi all

Am about to buy the above tool and I would like your advice on the different types of blades to buy.

I live in a remote area of France and my local, small DIY store doesn't stock blades, just the tool :evil: , so I want to order in the UK from Amazon and buy the right number/type of blades as well :D

I am approaching the finishing stages of a renovation, so I can see lots of use for cutting laminate, skirting etc but can't see any/much metal cutting.

I haven't been able to work out from comments how long blades - either genuine Bosch or pattern ones like Shark - last. Difficult question i know, but if you were , say, cutting pine floor-boards , are you going to be using a blade every 30 mins or four hours ? ( I know it's a contrived question, but I can't think of a better way to get an idea )

Looking on the Shark site, they list Standard, Japanese, BiMetal and BiSegmented blades. OK , I understand the words, but what do they mean as far as blades go ? Maybe I overlooked it there, but couldn't find any explanation.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
buy the saw with the full quota off blades
will cost around 40 to 50 more for £90 worth off blades

not to exciting depends on use
for example cutting skirting and architraves when you hit the plaster/wall you blunt the teeth
solution cut 95% depth and finish with the last one you hit the wall will lol

treat them with kid gloves they last quite well
go for it in a workman like "get the job done " i would always have at least 2 off the blades you think you will need

argos do 4 blades as well as others like axminster and many others

Sponsored Links
I bought a second complete unit with blades at about £35 [on offer] it was cheaper than buying the same blades loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back