Suggestions for a Door Supplier or Search Terms Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a hole to fill with an internal door that has to let as much light in as possible and open as widely as possible. The space is around 2100 wide and 2100 high. I can alter it slightly, but I'm reluctant to narrow it significantly and widening is out of the question

After a trawl of sites all I appear to find are either door sets that are too narrow (1900) or too wide (2500). Seems that my old doorway is a 7' one and the doors I've spotted are either 6' or 8'.

I get the feeling that I'm just not typing in the right magic words into google or I'm missing a trick somewhere else.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Your standard door sizes are
2134mm (7ft) x 914mm (3ft)
or
2083mm (6ft 10in) x 863mm (2ft 10in)
So neither door will fit correctly in the opening.
The 2134mm could be cut and be planed but 914mm would leave you short when doubled up.
It could be worth seeing if you can have the doors made bespoke for you, a lot of suppliers will do this.
Have you thought of glass panels as fillers at the sides or even sliding doors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back