Suitable core drill size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Wonder if you could offer me some advice. I need to know what is the most suitable diameter for a core drill. I want to install a toilet in a room that currently doesn't have one. This means boring a hole through an external wall and passing 110mm pipe through the wall.

Obviously a 117mm core drill would allow this, however do I need to account for the diameter of the attached socket at the end of the pipe, therefore requiring a larger diameter of core drill

I hope this makes sense

Terry

Sponsored Links
The hole will only need to be wide enough to accept the diameter of waste pipe you use and any fitting on either end of the pipe are fitted after it is through the wall whether it be the connection to the WC or a bend to join it to the soil stack.

yes your pan connector goes inside the male end of a socketed soil pipe. I use a 125mm core drill

Sponsored Links
yes your pan connector goes inside the male end of a socketed soil pipe. I use a 125mm core drill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back