Size of core bit for soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size of core bit is required to pass a soil pipe through a wall?

I'm going to pre-drill a hole ready for a plumber to connect a toilet into an existing stack and have never worked with soil pipe so am not sure on its outer diameter.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I think the local electrical wholesaler has a 115mm bit in stock so may chance that as I have to pick some bits up in the morning on the way to a job.

If you're doing the hole at a low or high height where you can't get behind drill and sure to keep it straight then use a 4.5" bit or bigger

Sponsored Links
If you need the joint to fit in the hole, which is quite common, I always have used a 150mm core bit.

127mm/5" is only ok for plain pipe.

The pipe.

Basically, it's a toilet in my en-suite. Soil pipe will leave the rear of the toilet and go straight through a wall. It'll then turn 90 degrees and run on a slight angle downwards for around 1M to an internal stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back