Suitable dimmer switch?

Sponsored Links
Hi, you have no need to rewire or add wiring as i explained.

That's the point in wirless lighting control. The light switch would be wireless and programmed to control both dimmer modules in the ceiling void.

If you require a 800w dimmer that would be fitted into a 2g box if you go the wired route.

Regards,

DS

Hi DS

Thanks for you input..
If I understand correctly these are my options:

1) if I can find a 800w rated single way dimmer, then it's just a swap on the current 1 gang 1 way switch. This would dim both fixtures at the same time.
But no wireless control obviously.

2) Additional wiring required to split the fixtures enabling separate switches to control each. This would mean I could use most standard dimmers of up to 500w; hence get a dimmer each fixture.
Alternatively I could also use 2 wireless dimmers modules.

3) wire a wireless dimmer module to each light fixture where the module will have to be situated within the ceiling void. But doesn't the existing switch need to change in this scenario for the dimming to work?
Option 1 is the most cost effective, but you will require a larger box in the wall. Danlers dimmers are reliable, try TLC electrical they have 1000w dimmers. Option 2 could involve a lot of disruption to decor.(have you checked you don't have two switch wires behind the existing switch which have been paired ?)
Option 3, The existing switch is replaced by a wirless switch which sends RF signals to the dimmer module.

Regards,

DS

Other options:

Fit 18W G9 lamps, 180W per fitting, 360W total.
Fit LED G9 lamps, which will be even less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back