Summer house paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I bought some (rather expensive) slate for a summer house paving surround. The pallet consists of 18 sq/m in 4 sizes so a random lay pattern required. This sounded simple but when I started to lay it out on paper, started to realise it might not be as straight forward as it seems! I’ve complicated things by using 12 sq/m of cheap concrete slabs under the summerhouse so the suppliers suggested layout for the 18 sq/m doesn’t really work.

I’ve now got two layouts, one which is more or less random & another which has a pattern repeat every 1.5m or so & am not sure which to use. Worked in tilling so know all about laying out etc but does the pattern really matter or am I just over complicating the issue? Will a repeat pattern be noticed/look better/worse to the eye? Or should I stick with to the random pattern I’ve also generated?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back