sun flowers (now updated again)

Sponsored Links
My daughter grew Sunflowers last year as a school project. (infants) Not sure what variety she planted but they only grew about 3 feet tall and the head was about 4" across.

Now my neighbour (VERY keen gardener) grew some hugh things last year. They were about 10 to 11 feet tall and had heads about 12" across.

Asked him today and they had some weird name "Giant something" ? I suppose it depends on the variety.

Changing the subject slightly i have potted a few tomato plants on the dining room bay window cill. I never seem to have much luck with toms, anyone any tips ?

Sponsored Links
diyisfree said:
My daughter grew Sunflowers last year as a school project. (infants) Not sure what variety she planted but they only grew about 3 feet tall and the head was about 4" across.

Now my neighbour (VERY keen gardener) grew some hugh things last year. They were about 10 to 11 feet tall and had heads about 12" across.

Asked him today and they had some weird name "Giant something" ? I suppose it depends on the variety.

Changing the subject slightly i have potted a few tomato plants on the dining room bay window cill. I never seem to have much luck with toms, anyone any tips ?

Keep well watered, wait until they form their first flowers, then feed and water every day, tomatoes are very hungry and very thirsty beasts.

I planted 5 seeds about 6 weeks ago, 2 are about 3 inches and 1 more has just sprouted.

seeds of what?

I also think my other sunflower seed is deadid, (the one with no mini green house) there is nothing at all growing up :cry:

maybe you planted them upside down and theyre growing down :LOL:

i actually laughed at that, but really there is nothing there, not being a gardening person, does sometimes seeds dont grow (if you see what i mean)

absolutly. too wet, too dry, too deep in the compost, bad or old seeds, too cold etc etc. Give it another try

Oh, yes it's all hit and miss, one of my sunflowers just got its stem broken in half by debris falling from a tree, I guess that un's a gonner. Still the remainder are now about 18 inches tall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back