Sun tunnel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, here is what I intend to do, any hints or where to begin greatly appreciated.

I have an old roof window on a pitched roof. I'd like to replace it with a sun tunnel. Is this hard to do?

Also, I have a approx 1.2m x 0.8m hole in my bathroom ceiling where a make shift solar tunnel when before. The sides of it were made from plywood which I have taken down. This leaves the hole in the bathroom roof and the window.

The hard part is going to be finding the right whether!

Sponsored Links
The hard part is going to be finding the right whether!

That's easy, this is the right weather.

Provided you have the minimum distance between rafters and joists and there are no interferences from cables or ceiling binders etc, then they are relatively straightforward to fit.

I always use Velux with the flexi tunnel as opposed to the rigid tunnel fella. Easier on the installer and greater choice in bottom lens position.

However i'm fairly certain it is only the rigid fella that is sold in the small diameter, should you have close centering rafters/joists.

Cutting the roof tiles is probably the most difficult and may require either a tile and halfs (plains), or some skillful cutting and possibly gluing of tile slips if it is concrete interlocking fellas.

The Velux instructions are foolproof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back