Sunderland gets what it voted for...

I cant see any possibility of a no deal -if time runs out then article 50 could be revoked.

Even if time runs out, the EU have been know to 'stop the clock' -when it suits them.

I guess there will be either a deal worse than we currently have or a peoples vote.

So the payment whether due or not in event of a no-deal is academic.
What would be the point of a people's vote if the EU treats the result with the same contempt as they treated the last one.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Delphic
/ˈdɛlfɪk/
adjective
  1. relating to the ancient Greek oracle at Delphi.
    • deliberately obscure or ambiguous.
    • JEEZ..

I don't need to cut and paste links, did Barnier in September 2018 concede that the divorce payments had to be linked to a trade agreement with the UK ,true or false,
That was just his opinion back then. I have posted a link from 2019 which says different. As you said in your earlier post, people change their tack.

All this is irrelevant in any case. Whether we are legally obliged or not, does not alter the fact that the UK is in a weak bargaining position regards the EU. Many believe it would be commercial and political suicide to avoid paying altogether. The UK will also leave with a BRINO deal.

The UK WILL pay.

What would be the point of a people's vote if the EU treats the result with the same contempt as they treated the last one.
There wont be a no deal...never gonna happen.

so the only options are a May type deal, or a May/Corbs deal with customs union.....all of which are worse than current deal.

Much as we may all hate the EU -the UK has an advantage being part of a large trading block.

I suppose politically and/or culturally the UK has tended to be more aligned with the USA than than the EU.....there is certainly a lot antagonism towards the EU in this country.....probably because of their attitude towards the UK -but in reality the UK has done pretty well economically out of the EU.

There wont be a no deal...never gonna happen.

so the only options are a May type deal, or a May/Corbs deal with customs union.....all of which are worse than current deal.

Much as we may all hate the EU -the UK has an advantage being part of a large trading block.

I suppose politically and/or culturally the UK has tended to be more aligned with the USA than than the EU.....there is certainly a lot antagonism towards the EU in this country.....probably because of their attitude towards the UK -but in reality the UK has done pretty well economically out of the EU.
We will agree to disagree,,with all of the above!!!

Sunderland is a clone of many cities in this country.Former ship building city,all gone,
But not gone because of our membership of the EU.

former mining area,all gone..

Like all places,full of mostly v decent honest hard working people wanting to be prosperous and happy.
Silly of them to choose to inflict grave self-harm on their ability to be prosperous, then.

Remainiacs are right,,of course,,no one knew the precise details of a brexit.
A bit daft to vote for it, then.

Like our towns and cities,they need to adapt,and come to terms with life after EU.
Many of our towns and cities already have more than enough change and problems to adapt to, thank you very much, without gratuitously piling the problems from leaving the EU on top of them.

Silly of them to choose to inflict grave self-harm on their ability to be prosperous, then.

Many of our towns and cities already have more than enough change and problems to adapt to, thank you very much, without gratuitously piling the problems from leaving the EU on top of them.
EU did nothing to save coal and steel either then,,,shedzy,,

Nothing daft about voting brexit..Us heroes are fed up with the whole carry on...Plan or not...GTFO.

Ok.When will you stop weeping over EU?.

Sponsored Links
Back