sunvic upgrade ch comes on with hw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following upgrading the programmer from a Sunvic 207xl to a Sunvic 207xls the HW no longer runs independently to CH. Following the upgrade; selecting HW only results in the radiators becoming heated. It was noted that backplate configuration was N/ L/ HWoff/ CHoff/ HWon/ CHon, (the backplates are identical). However the dip switch settings were changed from: 2 on/2 off/pumped, 24Hr to: 3 on/3 off/pumped, 5/2 day. The system uses a 3 port sprug motorized valve. Why am I no longer able to run HW independently from CH ? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to go back to basics, this fault is either:
1) something you have done whilst changing the programmer
2) A totaly new fault has occured possibly the motorised valve.

Try turning the Room stat (if you have one) right DOWN then select HW only, does the Heating come on? if so probably cause 2 above
If the Rads remain Cold, have a look at what you have done at the programmer

Good Luck! ;)

Unfortunately, even with room stat turned right down, selecting HW only results in the radiators heating.

Just thought its worth mentioning that I found it unusual that there is no connection to the back plate terminal for CH off (terminal 2). i.e. Only 5 cables present/connected, not 6 as per wiring diagram . It’s not a particularly old system as the house is only 10 years old. Regards. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
did you swap the back-plates or keep the old one connected?

Then there should be no diference in the operation, did it work properly before you "played".

there is an option for gravity or 2 port or 3 port, I cant find the instructions on line so cant help with how to select the 3 port option, but its likely to be this.

:D re: "played"

Yes it did, replaced as early signs of contact failure were observed, contact bounce (chatter), that’s why im bamboozled. Planning to try a replacement 207xls prior to condemning the 3 way valve.

Thanks for all your input, it looks as if Boilerman2 was right “2) A totaly new fault has occurred possibly the motorized valve.”.

Taking the powerhead off and manually moving the spindle cures the problem ie. HW only is delivered.

New powerhead in place and all is well. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back