Supawall Timber frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

In the early stages of planning a self build and getting kit prices at the moment. Scotframe have also provided a quote for a Supawall kit which has 140mm wall injected with high performance polyurethane insulating foam.

http://www.scotframe.co.uk/web/site/MainlandUK/Supawall/Supawall-Intro.asp

The u value for this type of wall is .18 compared with .27 for normal insulation.

Has anyone had any dealings with this type of kit?
Any comments greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
glorified SIPS panel walls by the looks of it..
SIPS is more "self build" since they are 8' x 4' blocks slotted together rather than entire walls that need craning into place.. ( and 16' x 4' for the roof panels..
but the SIPS don't come with the vapour barriers etc on them..

A similar set up to that scotframe panel - ie 50mm insualtion in the cavity, then 140mm between the studs, but using Celotex/Kingspan insulation will achieve about 0.15 w/m2K

That company is comparing their product with a 150mm timber frame and rockwool, just to make their product appear better

A similar set up to that scotframe panel - ie 50mm insualtion in the cavity, then 140mm between the studs, but using Celotex/Kingspan insulation will achieve about 0.15 w/m2K

That company is comparing their product with a 150mm timber frame and rockwool, just to make their product appear better

Yes I agree, Although they have also quoted for rockwool and I can roughly calculate how much extra it costs per square meter of exterior wall.

Have anyone got a rough cost of how much extra the Celotex/Kinspan method would be per square meter over standard rockwool?

The time taken to insulate the walls would also have to be considdered for costing etc.

They also offer the option of 50mm kingspan on the outer wall of the panel which reduces the u value to 0.12 w/m2K

Sponsored Links
You will have to get a quote direct from a supplier (not a merchant) as you will get a considerable discount for a whole house

If its a choice of paying for better insualtion, instead of fancy floor tiles and chrome sockets, then I would go for the insulation

Thanks Woody,

I will get a few quotes as suggested.

If there is not much difference in price I would like to go for the supawall.
Would anyone disagree with this and for what reason?

Hey Knickam, if you finally go ahead with the supawall system please post your impressions since I'm very interested on that system too.

Hey Knickam, if you finally go ahead with the supawall system please post your impressions since I'm very interested on that system too.

Yes I have gone for the supawall system and the walls are up waiting for the roof to be added this week.

The panels can be made in any size you want but can be as big as 8.4meters long and they are heavy and a crane is recomended.
My external walls were in place in under 2hours (12 panels totaling about 76meters) They come complete with all vapour barriers and 35mm internal framing ready for the plasterboard to be fixed. This gives you a 35mm cavity for cables etc.

The joiners erecting the kit have said it is one of the best kits they have worked with, A lot better than the ones they errect for a well known developer in the norh east.

I have also gone for the 50mm kingspan on the exterior of the panel which will be fitted on site by the brickies.

Thank you!

That's what I'm looking for, as much in-factory work done as possible.

Can I ask for price/m2 of the kit alone?

I know every project is different but even a rough estimate is a good one at this point.

Yes I have gone for the supawall system and the walls are up waiting for the roof to be added this week.

The panels can be made in any size you want but can be as big as 8.4meters long and they are heavy and a crane is recomended.
My external walls were in place in under 2hours (12 panels totaling about 76meters) They come complete with all vapour barriers and 35mm internal framing ready for the plasterboard to be fixed. This gives you a 35mm cavity for cables etc.

The joiners erecting the kit have said it is one of the best kits they have worked with, A lot better than the ones they errect for a well known developer in the norh east.

I have also gone for the 50mm kingspan on the exterior of the panel which will be fitted on site by the brickies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back