Super Saturday?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pah! Just tried to book a table for two for Mrs Motties birthday on the 14th at our favourite brasserie pub only to be told that they aren’t opening until August 3rd! I suppose that could be a good thing if they’re not joining the clamber to open tomorrow?

So come on, who’s champing at the bit to get out tomorrow?

Sponsored Links
I couldn't believe the queue's for KFC when that reopened. Funny what people get addicted to!

Nope, keeping well away from a pub for a very long time. Dreading our local idiot pub tomorrow though, it's been so lovely here the last few months :)

Sponsored Links
I'd quite like a decent curry. But we have formed the habit of having friends over in the garden and drinking too much gin.

The thought of having to book ahead just for a beer is not encouraging me to venture. Gone will be the experience of just chilling out with friends having a quiet chat over a beer. Attendance will be seriously limited due to social distancing so the landlord will be keen for his few punters to keep ordering/drinking.
Us Celts will just sit back for an extra few days and watch the English headlines as havoc reigns. ;)

Boris held a press conference just. Got tongue tied reading his notes. I wonder why they don't use prompt screens. Politician must like paper. News casters moved on years ago. Probably the Queen too. People look far more sincere if they keep looking at the camera or however they are talking too ;) thinking of Boris in The Chamber - he can't. When they keep looking at the camera it's possible to count their blink rate ;) mostly to see they control it.

Pubs etc. Sounds like persistent repeat sources of infection down to themselves may get closed.

More confusion. 1m+ yes with mitigating steps. What ones I wonder. Yes use masks in shops - why be reluctant to mention that. They have been all along. Mandated in Scotland now.

Hmm, I'm sort of in 2 minds, might go to our local to see what the experience is like, but then a large part of me thinks it's not a good idea.

We had a table booked at a local steakhouse for my stepsons 21st at the beginning of April. They called us as soon as the lockdown was announced near the end of March to say they had to cancel it. It was my stepdaughter who booked originally. She got a phone call a few days ago asking would we like to be their first customers on Saturday evening. There would be two other small partied invited as well but they would be sitting in separate rooms upstairs whereas we would be in the downstairs section due to my wife's disability. Looking forward to it but she did warn them that if their staff did not observe the Covid rules we would not be staying. They have assured her in an email that they are fully compliant with the rules and the staff are aware of what they have to do.
Could be a good night.

I'm used to meeting my mate walking the dogs with a couple of beers... No need for over priced beers now.

How things change if I see a couple of fellas last summer doing the same... I'd look down my nose and think they were a couple of skunks....... How things change

Sponsored Links
Back