Supermarket Offering 10% to The Old Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Palau
Iceland from Tuesday 24th May will give 10% off total bill on Tuesdays.
If a few year's time I should get that and will stop shopping online at my current supermarket and physical shopping at Morrisons and M&S
and save ourselves a bit of money.

The news report stated something about Asda as well re some working in certain sectors.

I recall getting a big discount on items from B&Q when I bought a lot of stuff years ago dad came with me and had just turned 60 at the time - I think that scheme has been repalced.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
iceland in general are not that cheap as bejams they where
for example frozen veg 2lbs-907g are £1
asda are the full killo and sub £1 so up to 25% cheaper iff choosing something like value peas
often things for say 65p a tin elsewhere come under the £1 at iceland so the £1 value often means average out rather than reduced

as an aside asda bundles can be pointless as in add things together and give no discount over individual items

Last edited:
ahh ok it seems as prices increase the have lowered many to 800g/700/650g to comply with the £1 tag

Sponsored Links
Pathetic isn't it? It'll be starting threads to inform the world that DFS has a sale, next.
yes often tedium in some posts but any savings from any source is worth a mention
we need to keep our really " cheesed off " under control when a possibly helpful and money saving to often the poorest in our society opportunity comes forward but as i said above you need to do your homework as iceland in general is not cheap

Asda is 10% off for nhs and emergency workers when they present their blue light card at checkout

Asda is 10% off for nhs and emergency workers when they present their blue light card at checkout

10% does not seem a lot but they are real savings and when money is tight, saving a tenner on 100 on shopping it great.

We'd never been to Icleands but started using them in the pandeimc as we gcould not get slots with anyone else for home delivery and since then over 2 years we've gone online shop via Tesco for the main weekly shop

Tesco clubcard, great offers though going up, imo real savings and we buy in bulk to save where there is a discount

We used Iceland deliveries during early covid. I wouldn't see them as cheap but quality seemed to be pretty consistent what ever was bought. Needing to make up and order for free delivery didn't always work out well. Resulted in buying too much at times.

Can't say I am a fan of Asda. Might be what we chose to buy. Ok cheaper but eating etc showed why. Cheap soups spring to mind.

TBH If some one wants cheapest food etc shopping it can pay to buy from several different places. The multibuy options should be stopped really as the individual price will be inflated. Of late we mostly get our meat from a butchers. Not the cheapest option but several supermarkets have disappointed me in this area. We have found Lidl to be pretty reliable for meat. They can be good for a number of things and also something different to try now and again. They always stock some items and various other things are added now and again. Aldi is popular for some. The isles of none food items in both that people didn't know they wanted can increase costs but it's often very good stuff at a decent price. ;) Lidl anyway, We've not used Aldi much as didn't find items we couldn't buy at places we already used.

So you used them like we did - we were buying branded goods on the whole eg the susgages, beans, busicuts, battered fish etc etc and i could not tell the difference re their milk or furit for that matter,

We've never been to Aldi or Lidil and I get the two confused and I think one of them is a few miles from our home.

When we got those year slots with tesco, we kept to that but before we did our shop almost always on a friday when we worked and satudays - now delivery is Fridays and our son that lives in our road has his on Wednesday so we order stuff we might not have got or he but have been going to the shops during quiet periods now and not worn a mask in shops recently.

btw - we don't buy own label stuff only as a last resort and was pleasantly surprised by Tesco own bran rich teas at a fraction of the price to the branded ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back