supplementary bonding in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Lads and Lasses,
as the title says, another question about bonding, and thats bonding and not bondage for you short sighted peeps ;) .
if you only have a radiator in your bathroom with metal pipes and the rest of the installation is plastic (bath and sink) and the lights in the bathroom or outside the zones, where do you need to run the supplementary bonding of the radiators to? or since there is no electric within the zones do you need to do the bonding at all?
just a query that i find interesting.
cheers for any responses i receive.

Sponsored Links
Radiator should be bonded to cpc of electrical items in the bathroom, I guess there's a light? shaver point? shower pump?
You must have a very high ceiling if the lights are outside the zones :confused:

No need to bond items supplied by plastic pipe.

You must have a very high ceiling if the lights are outside the zones
firstly, this is just hypothetical as I am interested. If the light is 0.6m away from the bath and greater then 2.25m from the floor then it is outside bathroom zones and hence no need to attach to the supplementary bonding. and from what i gather a lot of bathrooms have ceilings higher then 2.25m, dont they??
its just all food for thought :)
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back