Supply 3ph to my garage.?

We are on the following tariff.

Electricity Unit Rate (inc. VAT)
13.013p/KWh
Electricity Standing Charge (inc. VAT) 20.833p/day

If it is just the case of having an electrician run a swa to my garage isolated each end, that's is ok for me, is he allowed to check the fuses and run the tails into the meter..?

Sponsored Links
You would need the three phase board/switch gear installed then you'd need the metering company to fit a three phase meter and get them to connect your new tails to the new meter.

You would need the three phase board/switch gear installed then you'd need the metering company to fit a three phase meter and get them to connect your new tails to the new meter.
Hi John,

Thanks for your advice, we have a 3ph meter in place already, only using x2 of the phases.

So I guess it's install cable to garage with isolator each end then get the supply company to hook it up..?

I have an electrician popping round Saturday to have a gander..

Will there be a charge do you know for the supply company to do this or will they just be happy that we'll be using even more of their electricity..?

db.

Probably will be a charge, it will be the metering company rather than the dno, and they would charge whatever their basic fee is. Shouldn't be too much but you'd have to ask.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

As this may be of use to somebody else the outcome is £75.00 connection charge to pre installed isolator next to meter box, standing charge / taffies stay the same. Thanks to all.. db

Hi All,

As this may be of use to somebody else the outcome is £75.00 connection charge to pre installed isolator next to meter box, standing charge / taffies stay the same. Thanks to all.. db
Is this just to upgrade from 2ph to 3ph using an existing 3ph supply?

Wierd, our 1ph to 3ph was done for free by the meter company contracted to EDF in this area.

Hi, we have 3ph coming in, only 2ph are being used at the moment. We are EDF too.. ???

Hi, we have 3ph coming in, only 2ph are being used at the moment. We are EDF too.. ???
Might be free if you ask for a smart meter. I don't want one and it seems to be the majority opinion on here but there are a lot in use so far and I suspect eventually we will all be there.

Might be free if you ask for a smart meter. I don't want one and it seems to be the majority opinion on here but there are a lot in use so far and I suspect eventually we will all be there.
It took Igloo four months or more to change the faulty meter..!!

I had similar with EON, getting a single phase meter changed for a three phase on an existing three phase supply. It cost £75 which was basically to cover the cost of changing the meter, the standing charge and unit rate stayed the same.

There aren't any three phase smart meters yet, so that won't work!

upload_2020-5-7_22-47-2.png

Kind Regards, John

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-7_22-38-56.png
    upload_2020-5-7_22-38-56.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 70
???

Really, E.on installed one some 10 years ago on my workshop supply. (it's the only smart meter that works on my plot! has an external aerial)

Are you sure about that?
So how does the power used in the hall get monitored by the admin in the adjacent church?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back