SUPRIMA 40 PROGRAMMER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IM TOTALLY NEW TO THIS SO I WILL APOLOGISE FIRST.
I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A HOUSE THAT HAS A POTTERTON SUPRIMA 40 BOILER. AND IT DOESNT HAVE A PROGRAMMER ON IT.
WHERE COULD I GET ONE FROM (CHEAP AS POSS) AND CAN MY HUSBAND FIT IT OR DO I HAVE TO GET A CORGI REGISTERD PERSON TO FIT IT. :D
MANY THANKS

Sponsored Links
It's pretty likely to have a programmer somewhere else though, or do you really want the one that fits on the boiler?

i have searched high and low and cant find a programmer.where could it possibly be.i have been told that there may be a dial on it but there isnt.there is one on the hot water boiler thou.
i think i would rather have a digital timer, as this is what i am used to

Sponsored Links
This mite be a Boilermate with CH programmer. Is it a clock looking type job with little segments all around it ? If so it works like any normal programmer apart from probably being fitted upstairs in a nusiance place !

Im sure an "external" timer can be fitted, say in your kitchen for example. Best to check the manufacturers instructions for guidance id say.

my husband said that there was a "strange dial thingy" on the hot water boiler in the airing cupboard upstairs.which he seems to think is just for the hot water?????

Have a look at the hot water boiler. Does it say Boilermate on it anywhere ? If so the timer is for your central heating. Yes i know what a ridiculously confusing idea.

EDIT: from re-reading ur original post you say youve just purchased this house, as in brand new house ?

Trance Nation said:
Have a look at the hot water boiler. Does it say Boilermate on it anywhere ? If so the timer is for your central heating. Yes i know what a ridiculously confusing idea.
i will get my hubby to check it out tomorrow as we are currently living in our current house.
if it is i can believe that they would put it there.
i dont know how to thank you all as i had visions of having to have my heating on 24/7 or on when i needed it on.
:oops:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
i wish i could afford a brand new house house,. lol.
no, the house is 7 years old.

No bother at all.

A small suggestion, and also an ice-breaker, would be to ask your new neighbours for some advice ! :D Chances are they may have the same system.

Good luck with the house

Trance Nation said:
No bother at all.

A small suggestion, and also an ice-breaker, would be to ask your new neighbours for some advice ! :D Chances are they may have the same system.

Good luck with the house

thanks for the help.
:D

just after a bit more advice.my boiler is a boilermate,we have worked out the dial, but i cant find the over ride button to enable me to put the heating on when i like.there is instructions to tell me to use the over ride button but i cant find it.i thought it would be near the actual dial.
mind you the boiler is bigger than me.its HUGE!!!

On the front of the timer dial you will see a small 'pin' type lever. This will be marked one end as '0', middle a clock pic and other end '1'.

'0' is always off, clock is timed and '1' is on constant and working via your room stat ;)

gas4you said:
On the front of the timer dial you will see a small 'pin' type lever. This will be marked one end as '0', middle a clock pic and other end '1'.

'0' is always off, clock is timed and '1' is on constant and working via your room stat ;)

thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back