- Joined
- 23 Jun 2024
- Messages
- 14
- Reaction score
- 0
- Country

Hi all,
I have flooring dilemma.
Old Victorian brick house with an original solid suspended timber floor in the SW which gets lots of rain.
The drainage, soil, gas, water and central heating pipes all run underneath in the crawl space in a small section of the flooring opposite the front door. All brand new pipes.
It's Part of the hallway about 15sq metres. There are three rooms leading off kitchen and sitting rooms.
I'm used to flooring tiles but if there's a pipe issue then that's tiles being demolished etc in order to access
During rainy winters it can get wet as you know so something durable.
It's not a rental/HMO etc so what something decent.
I had also been looking at one of those flooring hatches eg Hatch hub - anyone fitted a hatch like these?
Any thoughts on a flooring solution at all?
Cheers
I have flooring dilemma.
Old Victorian brick house with an original solid suspended timber floor in the SW which gets lots of rain.
The drainage, soil, gas, water and central heating pipes all run underneath in the crawl space in a small section of the flooring opposite the front door. All brand new pipes.
It's Part of the hallway about 15sq metres. There are three rooms leading off kitchen and sitting rooms.
I'm used to flooring tiles but if there's a pipe issue then that's tiles being demolished etc in order to access
During rainy winters it can get wet as you know so something durable.
It's not a rental/HMO etc so what something decent.
I had also been looking at one of those flooring hatches eg Hatch hub - anyone fitted a hatch like these?
Any thoughts on a flooring solution at all?
Cheers