Suspended to Floating> Level sloped oversite-Screed/Concr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to lower the current floor level in order to give more headroom for loft conversion. Ok seems nuts but it's a shell and the floor has to come up anyway.

Currently I have a suspended with void between 1.1m and 0.450.
All walls from finished floor will be tanked internally and french drains along with xps will be from DPC to footings.
My intention was then to fill the void with various insulation thicknesses to fill the void then UFH overtop then screed and microtopping.

I wanted obtain like a terrace effect so the floor could then be brought level using insulation eps/xps. I had thought to use screed for ease of leveling. However one thing i hadnt taken into considertion were the drying times and as such the time I would have to leave before installing insulation boards, UFH then further screed.
Of course concrete could be pumped and the existing oversite could be ground to remove the top weaker layer. Would that offer any advantages re drying times? And what could my thinest layer of concrete be if it was placed over the top?

I'd like to start placing the insulation down asap but obviously both need enough time to dry sufficiently. So to recap my questions are:

Ok so quite a long winded explanation of what i ma doing.. So to make it simpler to answer, what i would like to know is:

1) How long should screed/Concrete be left to dry prior to placing insulation boards down.

2) Are there any differences in concrete/ Screed drying times? Or is it only relative to the size and qty of aggregate and as such minimal?

3) What is the thinnest I can lay concrete over existing oversite.

4) What would be best practice, a further DPC/tanking over existing oversite or over new screed? Logic would seem that it be placed over the existing oversite but then the additional concrete could not key to existing..?

Hope somebody can help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back