Suspension Issues / Acura CL Type S 2003

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
O.k so basically I hit a drain pipe and I hit it pretty hard. I knocked my front left wheel way back into the wheel well. Luckily there is just about an inch or so of space so its barely drive able. However the inner tread in my tires are wearing out every week, maximum because of how messed up the alignment is. I am trying to figure just exactly what I messed up, and perhaps what it might take to fix it. Is a frame machine an option? I will post several pictures so you can try to locate the problems. Like I said.. the wheel is very far back in the wheel well. I don't have full coverage insurance, and I cant afford a new car. I just bought this one. I have to fix this, its just a matter of how long it will take and what it will take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. here are the images of the suspension. It should be easy to differentiate the right from the left side.

//www.diynot.com/network/deandraper/albums/

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to tell from the photos, yes you have twisted something but we dont know what. I cant see it being the frame though.
I would try to find a good wheel alignment centre near you, they will probably be able to tell you whats wrong by getting it on the ramps and having a good inspection.

Impossible to know from a picture, a small bend will cause the wheel to move quite a bit in the wheel well. But looking at the pictures, you have a drag link held onto the bottom wishbone with 2 bolts? That has moved or been allowed to move back, where it bolts onto the sub-frame (not shown in the pictures). So worth checking it against the other good side.

Anyone with 4 wheel alignment equipment, will be able to check the wheel geometry for you, its quite cheap as long as the problem has already been rectified and you are only checking angles.

Sponsored Links
Back