Suspension Knocking noise 99 Focus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, as above...had a look @ all the linkages underneath last week when i had it jacked up and nothing obvious.
Noise seems to be coming from the top of the suspension...wondering if there is a common/likely fault with these.
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Focuses IIRC had a habit of wearing out front wishbone bushes, which were a bugger to replace and easier to get a secondhand wishbone from the scrapyard.

I had a wishbone bush go on my Citroen to the point where I had 9 degrees of toe-out, and we couldnt tell by jacking it up and poking around.

Cheers ill have a look @ those see if i can see anything... it does sound though like its up higher than that the noise is coming from.
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Doubt there is a spring gone...its been like this sionce i got the car 4 years ago and it has passed the NCT (irish equivalent of DOE)

Actually im pretty sure it aint a spring....i replaced the clutch opn it about 2 weeks ago so spent a bit of time under it...im pretty sure id have noticed.
keep the tips coming tho!!!
Marty.

Believe me, broken springs are seriously common .....I hardly used to do any - now its maybe a dozen pairs a year. No make is immune!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back