Suzuki Ignis battery problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an old Suzuki Ignis 1.3 automatic 5dr 2002 and recently fitted a Sony stereo to replace an old broken one that jumped.
The car had a new battery that was fully charged and I bought the correct wiring adaptor via Ebay.......I fitted the stereo and left the car overnight and the following morning the battery was flat even though the stereo/heater/lights etc were all off correctly and only thing flashing was the alarm LED (as normal) I repeated the above 3 times in a week and have had virtually the same problem ie flat battery.
I have always had new cars and the little Ignis is just for taking my dog to the beach (don`t want our other decent cars messing up) I only do local trips of around 10 miles in the Ignis but i expected the battery to last longer and not need charging every other day? I have done the same with another battery and again same result so it must be something to do with the stereo as the problem wasn`t there before the new Sony headunit went in.
Does anyone have any tips to try before i push the sodding car into the sea! ?

I had always wanted a classic car one day but if this is the way old cars are then I will stick to modern cars lol

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the stereo and see if the battery retains it's charge.....something is obviously remaining live but even so, I'd expect the battery to still last longer than this.
John :)

Maybe you have the stereo live and memory leads crossed? Red and yellow , I think. Pull the multiplug out of the stereo and see if your battery stays charged.

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem with a C5, in fact I bought the car very cheap because of it, after a lot of faffing about I found that the car had been fitted with an aftermarket (or secondhand) Blaupunkt radio, the plugs were all standard and fitted, when I disconnected it all my troubles dissapeared - well the ones related to the car anyway.

Peter

Back