SWA 6mm 2-core to main CU

Shame about the neons I quite like liked them.

Fault protection was provided by the Double or Reinforced insulation. The overload likeliness was low indeed.

Sponsored Links
So here what been done:

Iv been told that I need a "do not remove safety earth connection" sticker or a "danger 240v" sticker on this...

This is on the inside

Can anybody Confrim this please :)

The neon was a good idea but in the long run was there any point I did want to keep them but I had a flood lught fitted so indead on cutting a gland hold in the cu I just used the existing one what the neons used

Iv been told that I need a "do not remove safety earth connection" sticker or a "danger 240v" sticker on this...
Can anybody Confrim this please :)
I personally really don't see why, but others may disagree. As I see it, if one had to put such a label on that, there's hardly any limit to how many other things would need such a label! It's not as if it's something that anyone is likely to 'remove', deliberately or accidentally (it's not like the connection to an outdoor earth rod). Mind you, the label would obviously not do any harm (and it's only a shed), so if someone is insistent, then .....!

Kind Regards, John

Well there's no exposed earth connection and no 230V terminals inside, only single insulated cables in bedding. As the bedding has no specification you could argue it can't hurt and the cables should be treated as SI cables. If that really warranted a sticker though we would put a sticker on everything!

I must admit not liking the obsession with putting danger stickers on every door/cupboard/cabinet even though there are no exposed terminals or even SI cables inside! It detracts completely from the original purpose of the labelling.

Sponsored Links
Well there's no exposed earth connection and no 230V terminals inside, only single insulated cables in bedding. As the bedding has no specification you could argue it can't hurt and the cables should be treated as SI cables. If that really warranted a sticker though we would put a sticker on everything! ... I must admit not liking the obsession with putting danger stickers on every door/cupboard/cabinet even though there are no exposed terminals or even SI cables inside! It detracts completely from the original purpose of the labelling.
I personally think that a "danger 240V" (or 230V!) sticker would be plain daft, and I wasn't even bothering to comment about that. Even if the conductors were considered as SI (or indeed, even if they were bare conductors/terminals), there is no general requirement for such a sticker - otherwise, as you suggest, virtually everything would have to have them!

I was commenting on the "do not remove safety earth connection" sticker and, as I said, I see no point or requirement. I can understand such labelling of earth rod connections or bonding connections, but I don't see the point with the OP's box. Again, as I said, this would be the tip of an iceberg.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back