SWA Cable colours (grey, black, brown)

I must have made a mistake *asking* questions on this *diy* forum... sorry, thanks for (not) helping, appreciate it
Oh yes - of course, silly of me not to to spot the fact that because you realise that you don't know how to do it properly you asked here before deciding to use the brown as the cpc, and someone told you to do that.

And you asked here before you decided to have those SWA glands floating in mid-air, and someone told you to do that.

You are so incompetent it beggars belief.

Sponsored Links
The correct way is a galv trouser box:

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamhorden/Loft#5288254455822583698

That is one with twin and earth but you would use the same thing but bolt in glands and not stuffing glads like I did. They have a M4 thread in the back you use as an earth point.

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamhorden/Loft#5288254411980164018

Example how you would do the earths.

You could loop in the SWA loop it out use some choclate block or wago terminals like I did, I prefer crimps, then loop out using black flex to the light using a stuff gland and do away with what you did. On jobs like yours we used galv trouser boxs loop in with SWA looped out in flex with a stuff gland and potted the lot (using crimps for the connections).

Its a mess and dangerous. I was going to list the regs it conterviened but I could not be bothered as you probally do not have a copy of BS7671 17th edd.

BAS you did a job like his with photos any ideas where they are now?

Adam

Sponsored Links
See us Sparkies are worth every penny.

Was asked by a DIY'er just last week how to connect SWA, asked him to stick to photography it paid better and if he messed it up it wouldn't kill him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back