SWA To Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Age old Question

One new Shed
Need to keep it lovely and dry, so will be well insulated, and with a heat recovery unit in it and small greenhouse heater.

Thinking 4mm SWA to it, question is, can I lay in undergrowth round perimeter of garden (hard to access) or, do I dig a 450mm trench in the lawn and bury it...

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Mine seems to have been laid at ground level down the base of the fence, slowly being absorbed into the ground by nature over the last 10 years. I keep meaning to work out whether it's better clipped 200mm up onto the fence. Intuitively that seems more sensible than running the risk of a spade going through it.

Maybe not. If/when the fence blows over, you don’t want your cable clipped to it a foot off the ground.

Sponsored Links
Lay it at ground level behind the undergrowth/foliage and cover with black plastic guttering or half round clay piping?
Undergrowth will soon grow over it to conceal it and very little danger of sticking a garden fork through it.

Lay it at ground level behind the undergrowth/foliage and cover with black plastic guttering or half round clay piping?
Undergrowth will soon grow over it to conceal it and very little danger of sticking a garden fork through it.
or the other classic, through a scaff pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back