Swann CCTV Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've bought a Swann Pro-series 700TVL system and it comes with all the wiring and parts including DVR.

I'm a completely new home owner so my DIY skills are limited... I need some simple advice to the actual wiring of the CCTV system.

What do most people do with actually getting the external camera connected to the inside of the house and the DVR? I've heard you can avoid drilling any walls on the outside by somehow feeding the cables into the house in the same place that the TV antenna feeds its cable into the loft?

What would the guys who already have these systems installed recommend? The easy part is of course attaching the cameras to the external walls, it's just the wiring part that's confusing me a little at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Pilotpenguin

Sponsored Links
There's no single right answer. It depends entirely on the construction and layout of the house, which is probably why you haven't received an earlier reply.
If you can feed the wires under the eaves and into the loft, that will mean the least physical work. But then you have to get them down to where you are going to mount the DVR.
You need to put that somewhere out of sight, or the first thing a burglar will do is remove the DVR with its evidence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back