Swann or Hikvision Wired CCTV Cam system

surely the access to the camera depends on how they are set up?

Then again i am not a hacker.

My understanding from courses i have been on is most manufacturers had security issues which were dependant on how they were set up.

Sponsored Links
What I mean is, you can easily gain access to the local network or exploit the remote viewer to view all the cameras on that network within a couple of minutes. Also cheap components inside, so not likely to last more than a few years depending on the environment.
But surely that would be dependant on you specifically opening port in your router or UPnP opening the ports for you.

But surely that would be dependant on you specifically opening port in your router or UPnP opening the ports for you.

Depends if you use the cloud viewer, in which case you don't have to open any ports as the camera pings the server with standard http requests. Also if you use a camera with a WiFi interface you can gain access that way from outside the property - no need for WAN access.

I guess it depends how bothered you are about security, but people don't really understand the risks.

Sponsored Links
Depends if you use the cloud viewer, in which case you don't have to open any ports as the camera pings the server with standard http requests. Also if you use a camera with a WiFi interface you can gain access that way from outside the property - no need for WAN access.

I guess it depends how bothered you are about security, but people don't really understand the risks.

Don't think I filled in any gateway address (but will check) when I set my Hikvision cameras up so will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back