Swap Honeywell CM707 to Hive

Black flex at the top goes to said valves. Easy enough to fit hive receiver here ? Any wiring diagram for hive receiver to wire into this junction box would be brilliant.

many thanks in advance

Kelvin

Attachments

• 1320124B-D0BD-4013-B455-28C9899D821B.jpeg
    1320124B-D0BD-4013-B455-28C9899D821B.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 59
  • C95BBFB4-4430-494F-A90E-B3F976C6085A.jpeg
    C95BBFB4-4430-494F-A90E-B3F976C6085A.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 8F44914D-B6F5-4944-B21B-514905CC76A5.jpeg
    8F44914D-B6F5-4944-B21B-514905CC76A5.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 0662323C-304A-4468-A676-8A0D6705474D.jpeg
    0662323C-304A-4468-A676-8A0D6705474D.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 58
  • F0FDA726-6C94-4668-9C74-78D2385FE585.jpeg
    F0FDA726-6C94-4668-9C74-78D2385FE585.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
The cables we are interested in are those that go to the two room thermostats, and unfortunately all I can see are the cables to the motorised valves. However all is not lost. Lets start with the lounge motorised valve which I assume is connected to one of these brown wires here. [One being the lounge MV and the other the hoose MV :)] for now we are only interested in the lounge MV, so ignore the other.

C95BBFB4-4430-494F-A90E-B3F976C6085A.jpg

The live that goes to the motorised valve will come from the room thermostat, so assuming that my assumption above is correct the black wire below will come from the cable that goes to the room thermostat. Then find the other wire from the same cable, which I suspect will be one of the brown wires in the bottom left hand terminal.

2.jpg

If my theory is correct, these two wires (brown and black from the same cable) will go to the lounge room thermostat terminals A & B. (the grey wire in the same cable won't be connected) However, it's important to confirm that this is the case, either by testing with a multimeter, or physically tracing the cable. Once the cable is confirmed, I can tell you how to connect Hive to the lounge heating.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
This is brilliant thanks I will bring my multimeter home and bell out which brown and Black cables (then label) come from which thermostat (lounge or hoose)

many Thanks Kelvin

Shouldn't be too difficult after that's confirmed, the other wires Hive needs are available at the junction box.

Sponsored Links
The cables we are interested in are those that go to the two room thermostats, and unfortunately all I can see are the cables to the motorised valves. However all is not lost. Lets start with the lounge motorised valve which I assume is connected to one of these brown wires here. [One being the lounge MV and the other the hoose MV :)] for now we are only interested in the lounge MV, so ignore the other.

View attachment 263598

The live that goes to the motorised valve will come from the room thermostat, so assuming that my assumption above is correct the black wire below will come from the cable that goes to the room thermostat. Then find the other wire from the same cable, which I suspect will be one of the brown wires in the bottom left hand terminal.

View attachment 263600

If my theory is correct, these two wires (brown and black from the same cable) will go to the lounge room thermostat terminals A & B. (the grey wire in the same cable won't be connected) However, it's important to confirm that this is the case, either by testing with a multimeter, or physically tracing the cable. Once the cable is confirmed, I can tell you how to connect Hive to the lounge heating.

Shouldn't be too difficult after that's confirmed, the other wires Hive needs are available at the junction box.
Hi,
So the two black wires from the two Honeywell controllers go to the two MV's on the terminal block, the Browns from the same cables (honeywell units) go to the Live IN on terminal block, the greys as suspected are disconnected. I've figured out im going to need 2 x single channel receivers for this project but for now I will just concentrate on the house (hoose) and repeat for the Lounge at a later date.

Attachments

• HIVE PROJECT.pdf
    137.9 KB · Views: 72
yes you need 2x single channel receivers.

They shouldnt be the 2 x grey wires from the two motorised valves, need to connect to a permanent live
These two greys are from the 4 core flat twin and earth which come from the CM 707 units, Brown and black connected to A an B respectively at the CM 707 end and the other end in my junction box by the motorised valves. See attached PDF.

I was assuming I would disconnect the black and browns from the CM707's at both ends and use 5 core cable from the new Hive single channel receivers and connect to 1 and 3 (common and NO) and also the Live and N plus Earth? Plus repeat for the other zone?

Many Thanks Kelvin

These two greys are from the 4 core flat twin and earth which come from the CM 707 units, Brown and black connected to A an B respectively at the CM 707 end and the other end in my junction box by the motorised valves. See attached PDF.

I was assuming I would disconnect the black and browns from the CM707's at both ends and use 5 core cable from the new Hive single channel receivers and connect to 1 and 3 (common and NO) and also the Live and N plus Earth? Plus repeat for the other zone?

Many Thanks Kelvin
yep that is how to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back