Hive, please help with installation :/ Changing Honeywell cm707 to hive thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,
I need help how to change honeywell cm707 to hive termostat.
I bought HIVE Active Heating but I have no idea how to connect it.
I have a Logic 35 combi boiler.
Can anyone help me :unsure:

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 24282248_1871811689514737_1143267223_n.jpg
    24282248_1871811689514737_1143267223_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3,155
Sponsored Links
Brown to live, black to neutral, link brown live to 1 common, grey to 3 heating normally open.

Then you will need gas engineer to alter boiler connections.

I can not do it without an engineer?
so a better option is to return hive to the store and buying a new one with professional instalation :(

NO DO NOT connect grey to 3 it will go BANG if the grey wire is connected to neutral at the other end.
Black should go to 3 and grey to N, brown to L with a link to 1. No need for a gas engineer.
If the Hive doesn't work then the grey is probably not connected at the other end, post back for more help.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, Unfortunately if your not gas safe registered your not allowed to even remove the boiler case.

Is a Combi so grey won't be connected... Existing stat is a normally open switch

Johnmdc like that?
yellow-green should be not connected?
Sorry for my english, I still learn ;)

Attachments

• Ub7aV2tl-crop.jpg
    Ub7aV2tl-crop.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 703
Yes that is right, the yellow/green (earth) goes under the terminal marked earth tether.
Your English is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back