Swap Honeywell CM707 to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to replace my current Honeywell cm707 to Hive. I have a combi logic 35 boiler and will attach pics for both. If this pretty straightforward? Step by step guide

many thanks in advance

kelvin

Attachments

• 363D9EE8-C070-4548-9941-2A7A0B4B9840.jpeg
    363D9EE8-C070-4548-9941-2A7A0B4B9840.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 8F9B9819-56E8-45C3-A72A-516B708A9359.jpeg
    8F9B9819-56E8-45C3-A72A-516B708A9359.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 3E1BEC51-3F65-4F65-BA7C-7DBE3D97E4A7.jpeg
    3E1BEC51-3F65-4F65-BA7C-7DBE3D97E4A7.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
It might be easy enough, you need to establish if the blue wire behind the cm707 is a neutral and go from there, failing that scrap the thermostat wiring, and wire receiver next to the boiler. Also get someone competent to carry out 26.9 checks, as that cover forms part of the combustion circuit.

Thanks Chris I was planning to install the Hive control unit by the boiler but I will check the wiring with my meter for sure.

Sponsored Links
@Kelvin Schutte be careful. In your other post, you said
I have a combi logic boiler with 2 off (two zones, lounge and rest of house)

In which case likely there will be motorised valves controlling the two zones, if so the Hives are not connected to the boiler and the boiler wiring will not change. In multizone installations, the Hives are wired to the motorised valves.

For future reference the forum rules prohibit duplicate posts. Having two posts running on the same topic frequently causes confusion and misinformation.

In which case likely there will be motorised valves controlling the two zones, if so the Hives are not connected to the boiler and the boiler wiring will not change. In multizone installations, the Hives are wired to the motorised valves.

For future reference the forum rules prohibit duplicate posts. Having two posts running on the same topic frequently causes confusion and misinformation.
Is this still a relatively easy install wiring to motorised valves ?

many Thanks

kelvin

At the moment, there will be two wires connected to the CM707 terminals A & B.

Those two wires need to be rerouted to the first Hive receiver (Single Channel Version) terminals 1 and 3 (Common and Heating On) You can either reroute the existing thermostat cable to the Hive receiver, or alternatively find the origin of the cable that goes out to the thermostat, disconnect it completely and then run a new cable from the terminals to where the Hive receiver will be located.

The Hive receiver also needs a 230V connected to its N and L terminals to provide it with operating power. The 230V should come via the same 3A fused connection unit that supplies the boiler.

The above process is then repeated for the second CM707 and second Hive.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

I have found the valves and there is a electrical junction box right by it I will take a pic tomorrow, I assume you mean the hive hub will need to be wired here and not by the boiler in my kitchen? Also will i need two hubs for each zone or can the hub switch multiple zones?

Many Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6714.jpg
    IMG_6714.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 105
Was it a Scottish person who wrote on those valves? Looks like it says Hoose :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Was it a Scottish person who wrote on those valves? Looks like it says Hoose :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Heathins it is Heating on other side of extension, do they not teach you anything in Engerland :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I will take a pic tomorrow
OK that could be useful, sometimes it's difficult to see where the wires actually go in a photo, much depends how neat the original installer was.

I assume you mean the hive hub will need to be wired here and not by the boiler in my kitchen?
I think you maybe confusing the Hub (internet connection) and the receiver (where the heating control wires are connected) You can install them where you like provided they are within the range / spec advised by Hive, but the heating control wires would need to be run to the receivers, so usually they are installed adjacent to the motorised valve wiring centre for ease of wiring. The hub normally plugs into your router.

Also will i need two hubs for each zone or can the hub switch multiple zones?
One hub will do, but you will need two Hive thermostats and two single zone receivers.

Yeah sorry for the confusion I meant the receiver that needs to be near the mentioned valves. I will take cover off and have a good look and take some photos
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back