Swap Single Pole sockets for Double pole Sockets

I know I'm resurrecting an old post of mine but I thought it worth doing from a quality/reliability point of view.
A few people commented about the questionable quality of the Volex Sockets but I can tell you that they are still working, still look just as good and I haven't had any trouble with them.

Sponsored Links
Its all interwired!! Doyle & Tratt = Varilight and IIRC Crabtree badge Doyle & Tratt dimmers as their own.

As for Volex themselves, well, it is now a budget range. Some of my house sockets and switches are Volex, and working just fine.
But they date from the late 70's, when quality was something that could be found in many products made in the UK (with the exception of the motor industry!).
Since then, quality has fallen. Last year, I had the mispleasure of having to add a couple of circuits to a Volex consumer unit, what a pile of poo.

Sponsored Links
I can't find the photo now, but I have one where someone had cut the plastic rail that holds the N+E bars and pushed them out of the way in order to fit an RCBO!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back