Swapping boiler for more powerful model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a Potterton Performa 24i HE in our extended 3 bed semi which was installed new when we refurbed the house a couple of years ago.

We've never been happy with the performance - it takes for ever to run a bath and you can't wash up & have a shower at the same time unless you like your showers cold.

Although I realise it would be massively wasteful to replace a nearly new boiler, I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out the 24i for either a Performa 30, or Gold 33 without needing to change pipework/wiring (as I love my kitchen and don't want to destroy it!). The exterior dimensions all seem to be the same, but not sure about pipework & flues etc?

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
It is but think on......ANY combi would struggle to deal with 2 calls on it for hot water.......there are some big beasts out there that might provide 15-20 litres of hot water a minute (assuming your inlet flow will allow) just not sure the bang for buck ratio is right. Plus they may well not fit into the space you currently have

If hot water flow rates are important an unvented system with a heat only boiler maybe the best way. It would mean finding space elsewhere for the cylinder but inlet flows permitting it's the best way to supply large fast quantities of hot water....

Alternatively stick with the 24kW combi and fit an unvented cylinder off the CH system feeding areas that need higher flows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back