Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Im making a shop sign for the front of a small high street shop. Proposed design attached to this thread.

What do you all think to the sign being hung from the black wall bracket and being able to actually swing? Is that safe? Will it break apart over time? The center panel is going to be 18mm ply and solid wood outer frame with any fixings going through both the frame and center panel. I could quite easily add another smaller bracket below to fix it at the bottom.

If it was fixed does anyone have any reccommended fixings for the bracket to the sign?

Attachments

• 1025-Unwrapped-Sign-Rev_A2.JPG
    1025-Unwrapped-Sign-Rev_A2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 299
Sponsored Links
Wouldn't last 2 mins and would be potentially dangerous, the torsional forces on the bracket would be unsustainable.

Suggest you have a look @ "Gallows Brackets"?

There are a load of metal designs out there, one of these metal brackets will possible be a lot more stable?

As for the hangers, suggest you have a look at fitting eye bolts to the bracket with chains down to metal clips on the sign?

Ken.

Sponsored Links
I have an ironmonger making the bracket and is beefing it up to be suitable so no issue there. I think I will make it swinging on eye bolts as suggested. Thanks guys.

Great excuse to go out on a pub crawl, “just going out to study how the signs are constructed”!

If I can get away I can [if needed] undertake a similar set or researches ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back