Switch and flood light issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have two sets of flood lights that are controlled by two independent sensors. There is also an internal light switch that is used to turn on all the lights if needed. The light switch connects to both lives of the sensor terminal blocks. The issue is when one flood light sensor comes on it powers the other and is using the switch as the source. I believe some sort of diode is required to prevent one sensor powering the other lights. Looking for advice on what is required. See file for diagram.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
Either two switches, one for each set, or a double pole switch using one pole for each set of lights.

A diode is no use, lights use AC.

Hi, thanks for your advice, unfortunately the switch is installed in the wall with cable (t&e) running to the loft where the wiring circuit is. Was hoping there was a way of just preventing the flow back to the switch terminal block from the sensors.

Sponsored Links
230V and 6A or more, of course.

Other than that virtually any will do.
You only need a single pole one for one of the lights to separate the two light feeds when off.

Last edited:
Apply power to the "light" connection going off to the right (terminal A1) - i.e. the sensor on that light has triggered. What does the relay do ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back