Switched live for New Condensing system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to have my new Alpha condensing system boiler commissioned by a registered fitter, the boiler has its own pump but no time clock, I need to provide 2 lives, one permanent and one switched, the first is not an issue, its the switched live. The current system is a Y plan with the control center in the airing cupboard, the current pump will be removed and by passed, the 3 port valve will remain. My question is this can I take the switched live feed to the boiler from the wiring center, if so would it be from terminal 8 where the orange lead to the 3 port valve is, please see attached configuration.

Sponsored Links
need to know the exact model of alpha your having installed.

yes the orange from the three port is the switched live to terminal 1 on the boiler (230v).

Sponsored Links
yea that looks fine, just one thing its good practise to supply the feed to external controls from the boiler so in your diagram the live to the programmer would come from terminal 2 on the boiler (along with a neutral and earth ) so everything is isolated if the boiler is isolated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back