SWS Garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWS garage roller door with TELECO TVPRP868A 10S controller and TELECO BST-S24 radio slave unit on the safety curtain - not a hard wired system.
Having trouble with the controller. Normally on turning on, the two red lights above the push buttons come on and then there left-hand one goes off and unit makes a long beep.
Recently on start up both red lights stay on and the unit makes repeated 5 beeps and the door will only go up. I have to hand crank it down.

From the manual these 5 beeps indicate a problem with the safety skirt. I have firstly checked the batteries, OK. Checked the slave and master are bound, yes all OK.

I have now (temporarily) disabled the safety skirt so that I can use the door but am now looking at any way to establish what the fault with the safety curtain is.

My thoughts are that possibly the lamp providing the beam has gone, this would make the receiver think the curtain was compressed, but how do I check this please?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Controller.JPG
Slave.JPG

Sponsored Links
I have resolved this issue thanks to a phone conversation with Mark, a technical support engineer for Ellard. who are the UK agents for Teleco control systems.
By being given bum information by the supplier of a new fob, I had inadvertently un linked the door skirt monitor from the control unit.
Mark took me through the procedure following the installation of a new system and everything works just fine. Even "tested" that the rubber I/R system was working.
Subject closed but if anybody gets any issues with similar door, please contact me as I am now an expert :D:D:D

Hi Cheddarman, I've been searching for a solution to my garage door problem and came across your thread! It sounds like I have a similar problem to you, sws garage door and teleco control unit with a wireless slave sensor.
My first problem was the door not coming back down which I assumed to be the batteries...AGAIN!!! But no! Not this time!
So I'm wondering if I have done something similar and unlinked the slave from the control unit? Or somehow engaged holiday mode whilst I have been messing about with it,
i rarely use the 2 remote fobs, just use the up/down buttons on the control unit,
So the door stopped going down and I Had to hand wind it down....now the up button doesn t work either! I've tried troubleshooting it myself but to no avail, it's actually quite difficult to find descent into for the unit online, so I would greatly appreciate it if you have any ideas or should I try contacting the tech guys at Ellard ?
Thanks in advance. Steve.

Good morning mutzig.

My problems started when I had to get a new FOB. It seems one can un-link the curtain receiver from the main unit by pushing FOB buttons in a certain sequence, which I guess I did.
FOB2.jpeg

Your issue sounds very similar to my issue which I have resolved with a little investigation and help.

Does your controller and safety curtain receiver look exactly like mine inside?

I can't remember the exact routine for re programming the system but contact this company who are the main distributer of the system we have.

Possibly safety curtain issue, the curtain becoming un linked from the controller.

The guy you want is Mark Grice, Senior Technical Engineer at Ellard. He's on 01619454561. He talked me through the process.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Cheddarman, Thanks for the advice, I'm also thinking the initial problem lay in the curtain sensor-control unit link, but if I'm honest I think I had a bit of a manic fob pressing episode so i may well have buggered things up a bit!
The contro unit and sensor are exactly the same as yours, so I'm Hoping it's something that can be fixed rather than forking out £200+ for a new unit!
I'll have a quick play with it again today and give your contact a buzz on Monday and see if it's a recoverable situation or not, but thanks for the prompt reply,
I'll keep you updated if you like, as any extra info maybe of some use in the future, Thanks again.
Steve.

When you turn the main unit on, what do the two red lights above the push buttons do? They should both come on initially and then the left hand one should go off and the unit gives a long beep!

Fixed it!..... I think!
Only one fob was working, I've managed to program the second fob now, but the up and down buttons on the control unit still didn't work, so I read up about the holiday mode option, did the deactivation process and it's all working again so I've no idea why the original down problem occurred but I think the up and down problem was cause by me messing around and putting it in holiday mode without realising, just noticed the 20w bulb is not working now so swapped with my 15w fridge bulb and all is good again!... fingers crossed!
Phew! I was beginning to think it was gonna get expensive!

I actually found a couple of useful video's on YouTube posted by nrg automation,
Worth bearing in mind if we get any more problems,
Thanks again for your help, it was much appreciated, and now I'm a little bit wiser on the subject.
Cheers mate.
Steve..

Fixed it!..... I think!
Only one fob was working, I've managed to program the second fob now, but the up and down buttons on the control unit still didn't work, so I read up about the holiday mode option, did the deactivation process and it's all working again so I've no idea why the original down problem occurred but I think the up and down problem was cause by me messing around and putting it in holiday mode without realising, just noticed the 20w bulb is not working now so swapped with my 15w fridge bulb and all is good again!... fingers crossed!
Phew! I was beginning to think it was gonna get expensive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back