System boiler enough for my house?

we have just had a viessmann 222f

very impressed with it. and it worked out cheaper than a unvented cylinder and boiler.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Yup got 2 others coming next week!! As £4000 of labour, I think it 's becoming a luxury!!!

Then why don't you offer to source your own component's and work out what's needed and take responsibility for any faulty equipment that may arise.

That way we could all just work for wages. :rolleyes:

Sorry but if you don't like the price for the work quoted find some one who will do it cheaper. There is always someone who can do it a tenner less than the last guy's quote.

good luck

Ahahah £4k of labour, man that 's a lot of money for that sort of Job, even a banker is not paid that much for 3 days!!!! and even less for 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah there is a point where you need to be realistic!!!

we have just had a viessmann 222f

very impressed with it. and it worked out cheaper than a unvented cylinder and boiler.

Paul

humm interresting, we thought about it actually, but what I am worried about to find a plumber able to repair it when need it. But yup that will be a good option but I will need to find a plumber confortable with that sort of system. In France, they are doing a lot of that kind of boiler whereas in Uk it seems less known for some reason :(

Sponsored Links
... and for the water cylinder 250L? It might use a lot of energy to heat the water ?
No.
This is a discussion I've had quite a few times with people, and some are unable to grasp it. You only heat the amount of water you use, not the whole cylinder every time.

Suppose you had a 250l cylinder full of hot water. You draw off 50l of water, and so 50l of cold goes in at the bottom. Imagine you could do that while keeping the hot and cold completely separate ? You'd now have a cylinder with 200l of hot water and 50l of cold - so you only have to heat that 50l of cold up to get back to having a full cylinder again.

Now imagine you had an even bigger cylinder - again if you draw off 50l of water, you'll replace it with 50l of cold, and you'll only have to heat that 50l of cold water up to have a cylinder full of hot water.
Similarly, having a smaller cylinder doesn't make any difference. You still have to heat that 50l of cold.

In practice the cold will mix with the hot. So instead of having a distinct layer where the water changes from cold to hot, you'll have a zone where the water varies in temperature - cold at the bottom and getting warmer as you move up. So some water you'll need to heat from completely cold, while some will be "nearly hot" - overall the heat required is the same. It takes the same amount of energy to heat 50l of water from (say) 10˚ to (say) 50˚ as it does to heat 100l of water from 30˚ to 50˚ - 50 * 40 = 100 * 20.

There are however two reasons why a larger cylinder does use more heat.
First, is that the first time you heat it, you have to heat the whole cylinder. But this is a "one time" thing and for a lossless cylinder you would never need to do that again.
Second is that a larger cylinder has a larger surface area, and hence will have higher standing losses. If the cylinder is well lagged then these will be minimised - and if it's within your living space then the heat isn't "lost" (except in hot weather) as it contributes to your space heating.

Ahahah £4k of labour, man that 's a lot of money for that sort of Job, even a banker is not paid that much for 3 days!!!! and even less for 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barclays and RBS paid 523 staff more than £1m a year

That's approx. £2700+ per day That's the salary of the banker the bank are paying over heads to pay even that salary, Not saying we are as cleaver as the bankers tho, we only get our hands dirty they just wreak havoc with the economy. so not being that cleaver so I guess we are not worth as much.

You measure what you think is payment in the pocket for your job but in reality it is to cover overheads etc not just earn a living.

try running a business and you will find out what you really end up working for per/hr An old saying springs to mind pay peanuts employ a monkey.

As I pointed out get more quotes I am sure you will get a cheaper one.

good luck with your project.

Barclays and RBS paid 523 staff more than £1m a year

That's approx. £2700+ per day That's the salary of the banker the bank are paying over heads to pay even that salary, Not saying we are as cleaver as the bankers tho, we only get our hands dirty they just wreak havoc with the economy. so not being that cleaver so I guess we are not worth as much.

You measure what you think is payment in the pocket for your job but in reality it is to cover overheads etc not just earn a living.

try running a business and you will find out what you really end up working for per/hr An old saying springs to mind pay peanuts employ a monkey.

As I pointed out get more quotes I am sure you will get a cheaper one.

good luck with your project.

Got 2 persones running their own business in my family, I assure you 4k of labour for that job is expensive... Great if they managed to get customer accepting to pay for it!!!

we thought about it actually, but what I am worried about to find a plumber able to repair it when need it. But yup that will be a good option but I will need to find a plumber confortable with that sort of system.

I don't know why you seem to think that we cannot repair Viessmann boilers?

They start with a five year warrantee too!

Tony

we thought about it actually, but what I am worried about to find a plumber able to repair it when need it. But yup that will be a good option but I will need to find a plumber confortable with that sort of system.

I don't know why you seem to think that we cannot repair Viessmann boilers?

They start with a five year warrantee too!

Tony

I just contacted some plumbers from the website Viessman to get some quote regarding the 222f ... That could be a good alternative.

Why is it 4k labour?

My earlier post was referring to the vat. Which goes straight to the government.

These threads get very boring very quickly as no one ever considers the facts in the round and often hate the idea of paying a mere plumber the same as or more than they earn themselves,.

Besides the op hasn't deemed it necessary to provide much detail of the job at hand.

We signed of a boiler and cylinder install yesterday that came to 12k. 2.5k of that was the supply only of underfloor heating.

So i presume I earned >6k? Eeerrrrr..... no.

I had another quote for £3500 including:

Supply and fit worcester bosch 30cdi system boiler, vertical flue
Supply and fit 210l stelfow (solar ready)unvented
cylinder
Thermostatic radiator valve x 11
Powerflush heating system
Wire commission and notify installation

Which is 3k less than the previous one!!!
The plumber mentioned that MegaFlows are over priced, and Stelflow cylinder is basically the same at the diff the Megaflo is £300 more expensive.

Now I don't know too much about cylinder brands, but from what I saw on Internet it looks they are doing the same job?

Cheers
Mel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back