T.V question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do new t.v's with built in digital and freeview recievers need to have an aerial point plugged into it??

Sponsored Links
right so i guess you do then i thought the point of "digital reciever" was so you dont need an aerial

You do need an aerial to receive digital freeview channels. The type and position will depend on the strength of signal where you live.

With digital and a good signal I have managed to run a freeview tv from a cheap set top aerial. Trying to do the same with analogue channels I cannot get a viewable picture.

The picture will never be poor on freeview. It will either be on or off. Although with a poor signal (aerial) you may see some image freezing or jerky pixelated images. In that case you will probably need a better aerial.

You might find this page handy to check your freeview coverage http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview.html

Sponsored Links
I dissagree aboout the new aerial.

we have freeview, just about see some snow, added a signal amplifier, no snow, clear pictures, same aerial

As breezer says a signal amplifier would likely do the trick and make your existing aerial into a "better aerial". :)
Certainly cheaper than having a "digital aerial" installed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back