Table Saw jammed....

I

imamartian

Hi, i have an Elektra beckum table saw.
Yesterday i switched it on to cut a piece of wood, but like a fool, had the timber too close, and caught it on the blade which stopped it turning.

The motor made a vibrating sound and i turned it off. It now won't start at all.

I can't find anything about it in the manual. There is a sticker on the swith housing that says there's an isolator switch inside, but i can't see anything obvious.

Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks big-all, it is the fuse.... doh! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mrs martian sat here and said "yeah that's what you did last time isn't it?"
:confused:

Sponsored Links
There's likely to be a reset switch. I know you say you can't find anything, but have another look for a button on the motor somewhere, and press it in.

Thanks big-all, it is the fuse.... doh! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mrs martian sat here and said "yeah that's what you did last time isn't it?"
:confused:

your not going to think fuse right away as you mind is thinking i have just stopped it and a safety device has opperated

the chances off the fuse blowing in the split second you press the stop button is very small so not the first thought :D ;)

this happened to myself, i was cutting a piece of 10mm chip board on one of my table saws one day and wile cutting the saw blade just stoped dead and l couldnt get it to turn on again (checked everything and still no luck) so took it to get repaired and the guy told me that the motor was done and that it would be at least £120 to get another and fit it so i just bought a new one, so if yours is the same it would prob b cheaper to just by a new one hope this helps

this happened to myself, i was cutting a piece of 10mm chip board on one of my table saws one day and wile cutting the saw blade just stoped dead and l couldnt get it to turn on again (checked everything and still no luck) so took it to get repaired and the guy told me that the motor was done and that it would be at least £120 to get another and fit it so i just bought a new one, so if yours is the same it would prob b cheaper to just by a new one hope this helps

Please stop digging up ancient threads. It's not helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back