taking a radiator off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi once I have taken a radiator off can I have the others that I have not taken off on or is that not possible.
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
If you cap pipes all ok or leave rad valves in place and turned off then others will work fine

hi thanks for that first time im attempting this they have trvs on them so i turn the control off but what do i do to the other end of the trv?
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
With the TRV top off, fit a decorating cap - this keeps the valve fully off. Essential to stop the water flow! On the other end, turn the lockshield valve fully off. You can then drain the radiator down - catching the water in a shallow tray, and then remove it completely.
John :)

if you dont have the decorating cap , turn the valve off , drain rad into a builders rubble bag (easier to get around pipes and catch the water) then get a 15mm female iron blanking cap and fit it onto the open trv end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back