Taking money from my bank account

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So you sign up to a utility company, in my case Opus Energy.

Then you start to receive wildly inaccurate estimated bills in the last two months I've been overcharged £300.00p. Number of invoices received? 2 for a 2 month period.

Try as a may I cant get them to refund the over charge taken via DD. If I cancel the DD the rate goes up 7.5%. They claim they will in time get it sorted out, but how long will it take? they don't know.

Can these people just keep taking what they like until they decide to read the meter and charge the correct amount.

Anyone else had similar problems, if so, how did you get them to sort it out.

I'm not a happy bunny :evil:

Sponsored Links
Opus Energy are a bunch of W........s big time
when we took over the pub (nov 2007) they were the suppliers it took us 6 months to get out of their clutches and they ripped us big time.

cancel your contract with them as soon as possible!

ring Utility Savings Corporation at Docking Norfolk they helped us big time

numbers i have are

01485 517931 & 517928

Kev
I've only just signed a 2 year contract not sure i can get out of it but they are proving to be a bunch of ****s. I'm trying to keep my my cool but it ain't easy given the people you have to deal with.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I leapt into bed with them :oops: because of Eon. It was a long drawn out dispute where they kept over charging, claimed I owed them £1032.00p for a 6 week period, in the end(6 months) it was £105.00p inc vat. There all barstewards :evil:

Kev, Thanks for the number I'll give them a ring.

AJ
I was in a similar boat to you. In July BG read my meter. Billed me £226, I queried it but no joy. My Nov bill was £50 on an estimate. I checked the reading to find it 500 units LOWER than that of the July reading so they have effectively had £150 of my money since July due to their mistaken reading. My account is now £100 in credit

I was fuming. Twice managers at BG told me my problems was with meter reading company not BG.

E-Mailed a formal complaint, I wanted my money plus interest plus compensation or I was off to Ombudsman

Turned down first offer. Accepted 2nd of my money back, plus £20 interest plus £50 credit on my account plus full apology.

You can demand your money back plus interest if they are holding it by mistake.

Thanks toptec,

I tried that with Eon but in the end they wore me down. Every Monday morning I'd ring them but couldn't get anywhere until 6 months was up when I could go the Ofgem within a couple of days get a "sorry our mistake".

Now it looks like it's all going to start again only this time I'm mad as hell and won't let another month go by before they sort it.

well this will make you smile then.

my brother bought a large town house in 1999. since moving in, and despite his wife trying to sort it, BG have never sent a bill. It got to the stage where she would phone up every 6 months, and still never got sent one.

My brother decided to take over the reins as they will be moving still. Found out that if they havent made effort to contact you then they can only go back over the last 6 months. SO he ended up getting a lady at head office customer services who personally looked into it for him. A few days later he got a phone call from her.

Hello BG here, weve sorted the gas bill now.

Oh good, how much do we owe you then?

well its £265.00, but with teh credit against the account it works out we owe you £450.00. Would you like us to issue a cheque or put it against the bill?

Oh issue a cheque please!

still he has paid nothing and has free gas for 10 years!....lucky git!

Sponsored Links
Back