Taking off the WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im training in plumbing atm and i moved house about a week ago and my WC would not flush i fiddled about with the handle and could not get it to work so i got my self a new siphon.

i tryed to take off the cisten and the screws which kept it to the wall were so rusty it looked like a big orange blob and cant get it off

any advice i hope im not doing it all wrong :oops: lol

Sponsored Links
suppose the next thing to do is get an old chisel and try and break them behind the cistern

i dont have these things but will get them tomorrow so i should just cut them or smash them off then get new screws through there

Sponsored Links
well try cutting first tbf aslong as u get the head if the screw off its alright try a pair of pliers or grips on the screw head to unwind then replace the screws after with rubber washers

well try cutting first tbf aslong as u get the head if the screw off its alright try a pair of pliers or grips on the screw head to unwind then replace the screws after with rubber washers

ok thanks for that i'll try it tomorrow

also iv seen a few threds on this i tryed what it said and it has'nt worked

one of my rad's are cold, the flow and return pipe are also cold, it tryed bleeding and it didnt need that then i took off the head and tapped on the pin and it apeared to be working.

i then switched all the other rad's off and left the cold one onthen switched on the heating and nothing happened

any advice

is the pipe work on a drop , and try cranking some of the lockshields on the other rads down a bit

it comes down from the celling but from there is pretty stright to the rad

i'll try turning the rad's down upstairs now

well yer carry on what your doing by turning the other rads off , this should push it around that one and then when working crank down the lockshields on the upstairs rads to kinda give it a chance !

ummm my rad in my room is now cold althou its still on and the master bed room and the bathroom are really hot and the lock shields are almost fully turned off this is really bugging me now :confused:

no now both are cold im going to turn every thing off including lock shields except the one cold one down stairs and open them one by one hope this works

Get a flat blade behind the head of the screw and break it off. Also use some stainless steel Screws when refitting the cistern!

I would use a mole/vice grip to turn the screws, if they're too tight to be turned by one of them they'll just snap. I wouldn't lever against the cistern unless I wanted to destroy it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back