Taking shoes back?

says at the botom of that page:

This factsheet is intended to provide general information only, and should not be taken as a full statement of the law on this subject. Phone your local Consumer Direct centre, or contact an alternative consumer support service if you need further or more detailed advice

Not sure about shoes in particular, but according to the sale of goods act, unless there is a notice prominently displayed at the place of purchase then you can ask for a refund as long as the goods are in the original packaging and in unused condition - note this does not apply to everything. If you are unsure, call trading standards they will confirm you situation either way. If you can get a refund - give sloger a tenner ;)

Sponsored Links
Useful link provided by Igorian partly reads;-

Buying shoes - your rights
If you have bought shoes, they must be:

Of satisfactory quality.
Fit for their purpose.
As described.

Obviously they dont "fit" for their purpose ( of wearing them ).

There are two complications, firstly they were bought by a 15 y.o. who cannot legally enter into a binding Contract.

Secondly, and probably more relevant, they were sized at "8" and thats the size she normally wears.

This particular design has a rounded front so cannot accommodate the normal foot shape of an "offset" triangle biased towards the other foot.

Any other ideas?

Tony

Oh, you guys.......the easy answer is to buy a pair of shoe stretchers from Timpsons or Sadlers. That'll ease the fabric/leather enough so that it stops pinching. If the shoes are leather it might be worth rubbing some vaseline into them before you stretch them.

These shoes are very thin material and of a ballet dancers style and are not suitable for stretching like work boots or heavy leather mens shoes.

Sponsored Links
funny this threads here i have noticed over the last 12 month my feet have grown i used to be a 10 and half now i cant get into a size 11 and have to buy size 12, i think its another way of getting people with bigger feet to pay twice as much for their shoes ANOTHER AMERICAN CORRUPTED IDEA.

BOB.DOLE said:
funny this threads here i have noticed over the last 12 month my feet have grown i used to be a 10 and half now i cant get into a size 11 and have to buy size 12, i think its another way of getting people with bigger feet to pay twice as much for their shoes ANOTHER AMERICAN CORRUPTED IDEA.

Think yourself lucky bob, I can't even get into 12's. :(

Agile said:
Useful link provided by Igorian partly reads;-

Buying shoes - your rights
If you have bought shoes, they must be:

Of satisfactory quality.
Fit for their purpose.
As described.

Obviously they dont "fit" for their purpose ( of wearing them ).

There are two complications, firstly they were bought by a 15 y.o. who cannot legally enter into a binding Contract.

Secondly, and probably more relevant, they were sized at "8" and thats the size she normally wears.

This particular design has a rounded front so cannot accommodate the normal foot shape of an "offset" triangle biased towards the other foot.

Any other ideas?

Tony

This reads like you seem to have the answers to you're question at the beginning ,it could have saved me half a hour of my Saturday night reading up on consumers rights on the citzens advise bureau trying to help you out . :evil:
Still I cannot understand why the shoes fitted in the shop then not latter on :confused:

Because most peoples feet swell slightly .the longer they have been standing ;)

I think it all depends on each individual shop , wether they have a returns policy ?
were they very expensive ?,if not I would just put it down to experiance , you now know not to go to that shop again ,
If they were expensive maybe you could PERSONALLY go an ask for a refund being firm but polite , ..........an then if nothing you can warn other shoppers not to buy from him at his front door til he gives you a FULL refund

£15.

Is that expensive for ballet style shoes for a 15 y.o. ?

If I went then I might get rather annoyed with the shop keeper.

He has no legal obligation but its not a very nice attitude not to refund the cost in these circumstances.

I would have to take some one else with me.

Tony

Tony =rambo
after punching the dark fella ,dont flee to the woods an kill all coppers

It doesnt need that , just a big voice at the door ,ROLL UP ,ROLL UP ,GET RIPPED OFF HERE AS MY DAUGHTER DID ,NO REFUNDS , SHABY CUSTOMER SERVICE , after 15mins , he will give the money, demand your petrol money or carry on ,
THIS ALWAYS WORKS ,FACT

it scares customers off ,

your a nice guy , here after your very tearful daughters rights them shoes were unused an could be restocked ...

sh*tty an High Class shop owners will throw money at you to go ...FACT

£15 we could have a whip round :eek: ....It might cost you £5.oo to drive and park in the smoke

Principle ...... I met a few when I was on the roof of strangeways , lol

Its not my own daughter or even my £15. She and her mother are just staying with us for a few days before going back to Africa.

It is not a High Class shop, its a pretty ropy small asian shop in an ethnic area called Burnt Oak.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back