Taking shoes back?

Agile said:
Its not my own daughter or even my £15. She and her mother are just staying with us for a few days before going back to Africa.

It is not a High Class shop, its a pretty ropy small asian shop in an ethnic area called Burnt Oak.

Tony

At the end of the day the shopkeeper was within his/her legal rights .saddly a total lack of goodwill was shown on their part.

If you think about it they aren't going to refund £15 on something they might of bought as a job lot that could have cost them pennies

Sponsored Links
I would do exactly what moz said
"It doesnt need that , just a big voice at the door ,ROLL UP ,ROLL UP ,GET RIPPED OFF HERE AS MY DAUGHTER DID ,NO REFUNDS , SHABY CUSTOMER SERVICE , after 15mins , he will give the money, demand your petrol money or carry on ,
THIS ALWAYS WORKS ,FACT "

and it does work on the one ocasion i complained. I rarely if ever bring anything back and i honestly wouldnt bring these shoes back. IF they were mine but the way you explained it i guarantee i would get my money back with the way moz said. I remember a few days before christmas the tv repair man turned up at mine to repair the tv with no tools :eek: "we are gonna have to take it in for repair". i dont ****in fink so :evil: i called at the shop and they told me "if thats what the engineer said thats what it is" :evil: A young couple were sat at the table ready to sign what ever so i pointed out in a loud voice about the engineer turning up without a screw driver and the guarantees blah blah blah "we will have an engineer out within the hour". this one had a tool box and within 2 mins i was watching sarah beeny on property ladder:cool: :cool: :mad: :mad: :D . So the moral of the story is "if the shoe fits, buy it ;)

as put here regarding
Slogger

that was ignored as Social Faux Pas #1

your way of jumping to it ,wasnt that !!!!!!!! highly ugly ...:(

jbonding

I know everyone wants me to smack shop keeper good an hard ,BUT
I say just ......spank the daft girl on her bare bottom for her stupity ...sharii law (could be benny hill law)lol..lol..lol..lol..

Sponsored Links
Go back to the shop when it is full of customers...talk LOUDLEY to the shopkeeper...he/she will give you the refund....Try it. ;)

securespark said:
Slogger said:
wheres the shop tell us and we will brick it for u :LOL:

Keep your law-breaking s**t to yourself, a******e.
righto f*kwit you keep to your straight and narrow and i will have my way of dealing with those that rip me off :LOL:

Agile said:
Asian owner in ethnic area.
What relevance is that?

Igorian said:
Look here. It would appear that you have no rights.
Yes you do.

What you don't have is protection at a retailer's expense against your own stupidity and failing to take care and failing to pay attention.

We had some very selective quoting from that Consumer Direct Page earlier.

As well as explaing the rights you do have, it also says:

"Important points to bear in mind:
You have no rights if the shoes simply don’t fit.
You have no rights if you simply change your mind.
You have no rights if you have selected the wrong shoes for a particular use. "

I suppose that suggests we ought to try on shoes and make sure they fit before we buy them.

Just never deal with a small-time shopkeeper. If you deal with a big name you will get an instant refund no-matter what the problem.

joe-90 said:
Just never deal with a small-time shopkeeper. If you deal with a big name you will get an instant refund no-matter what the problem.
Well I certainly don't agree with that one! Being a "small-time" shopkeeper myself I always try to discuss these kind of issues with the customer to resolve in a perfectly goodwill manner which nine times out of ten leave both us and the customer happy.
You're ignoring most of the very hard-working "small-time" shopkeepers who are the backbone of may countries.

Indeed, Napoleon was right when he called us a nation of shopkeepers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Some of you are choosing to ignore information that I have provided at least twice.

The shoes were carefully tried on again in the bedroom only to find that they dont really fit.

When comparing the shape of the front of the shoe its completely different to the front of the foot.

Its not surprising that it does not fit when you apply engineering analysis. In fact it would never fit the usual foot shape!

Whilst I am sure there are some people with the middle toe further forward than the 2nd and 4th and the 2nd and 4th further forward than the 1st and 5th I dont think its the norm. I even have a friend who has webbed feet!

Tony

Unfortunately(as people have said) the shopkeeper has no legal obligation to give a refund unless faulty (ie: seams coming away,the sole of the shoe lifting etc) and as for the shape of the shoe that is also unfortunately called fashion :D

Agile said:
Some of you are choosing to ignore information that I have provided at least twice.

The shoes were carefully tried on again in the bedroom only to find that they dont really fit.
Why didn't she notice this when she tried them on in the shop?

When comparing the shape of the front of the shoe its completely different to the front of the foot.

Its not surprising that it does not fit when you apply engineering analysis. In fact it would never fit the usual foot shape!

Whilst I am sure there are some people with the middle toe further forward than the 2nd and 4th and the 2nd and 4th further forward than the 1st and 5th I dont think its the norm.

Agile said:

Whilst I am sure there are some people with the middle toe further forward than the 2nd and 4th and the 2nd and 4th further forward than the 1st and 5th I dont think its the norm. I even have a friend who has webbed feet!

Tony

I was gonna mention this earlier, what happens with teenagers is there feet grow or shrink in the shop depending if the shop has the right size shoe or trainer in. My son who is 16 but when he was 15 he went from a 7 to a 10 then back down to a 8 within a year :eek: . Kids do this. :LOL: "yeh theyre sound mum" are you sure your walking very funny :LOL: the problem lies with whoever took them for them and remember next time get your kid to buy them with their own spending money and ill guarantee they fit ;)

Sponsored Links
Back