Talk to me about....kitchen knives.

Sponsored Links
No, I was just cutting the joint, crackling side down and rocking the knife with two hands. Crackling wasn’t even hard - very crumbly and crunchy. Already sent an email to the company I bought the set from. I suppose I was lucky I didn’t cut myself.
Had the same thing happen to a knife of ours.
Stress fracture in manufacturing.
Check out the cross section of the knife and you might find a darker patch at the top side.

Sponsored Links
i know this is an old thread dec2019

did you get the knifes all sorted under warranty

I'm a bit of a sucker for knifes at shows - but

I also picked up flint and flame at a show really sharp, and cut my finger eded up in hospital - so much blood.....

Anyway been really happy with this set .... 2x santoki in a box
I also picked up there pocket knife at a further show and a pro series cleaver / NAKIRI KNIFE
keep putting off getting some of the steak knifes

...And the moral of the story is; for chopping through bone and sinew; use a cleaver. Metaphorically, you used a hammer to turn a spanner. How often do you have them sharpened?

...And the moral of the story is; for chopping through bone and sinew; use a cleaver. Metaphorically, you used a hammer to turn a spanner. How often do you have them sharpened?
Absolutely no bone or sinew in a pork crackling joint. I use the sharpening steel every time I use it.

Only knocks the burrs off.
Not a sharpener.
Get a whetstone (y)
It’s worked fine since 2019! I have a sharpener with three different grades of blade/stone in it that came as part of a promotion when I bought the set. I used it once but I didn't think it worked as well as the steel. It’s been in the back of the cutlery drawer since I got it!

488F4EB9-9639-4C41-A24B-72F5B21FF446.jpeg

The Brigadier has a good point: a whetstone will provide a much cleaner cutting edge to high grade steel used in your knives. Japanese knives are insanely expensive and their owners will have them sharpened annually, or even every six months, by a professional. If you've spent over £300 on a set, it's worth it.

umm or do it your self

With DMT diamond wet stones (avoid the cheap Chinese copies) to set the edge and then a ceramic steel to hone.

The place I bought them with said that I should deal with the manufacturer after this length of time but they said they would speak to them for me. They are sending the picture on to them along with proof of purchase tomorrow and said it will take a few days before they will get back to me. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
Back