Tall oven unit beside quartz worktop - how to fit end panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, would be really grateful for some advice on how to fit a couple of end panels on my kitchen - design attached below and the end panels in question are the long yellow boxes on the top row.

Basically, I will have a quartz worktop on top of base units, with wall mounted units above. At either of the worktop there will be full height units. I want to hide the carcass material for these full height units. I'm not quite sure how to fit the end panel material that I have bought.

Do I:

1. Have the end panel run from the top of the full-height unit all the way to the floor? The downside of this is that it would break-up my run of drawlines a little, and maybe the kick-board area too.

2. Have the end panel run from the top of the full height unit to the top of the base unit. The end of the quartz worktop will then butt up against the end panel. The downside of this is that the wall-mounted cupboard would be offset from the base cabinet by 24mm (the width of the end panel).

3. Wait till the quartz worktop is fitted, then fit end panel from the top of the full height unit to the top of the quartz. The end panel would sit on top of the quartz. This feels less neat to me and would also have the same downside as (2) where the wall mounted cupboard would be offset by 24mm from the base unit.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back