Tamper proof roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all :D

I'm looking for a roomstat which is suitable to be installed in a public building.

The existing roomstat is constantly adjusted by folk, and I want something to prevent this.

I was thinking something like a frost stat, but the temperature range on these does not go high enough.

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
dunno if thay still do them like this, but the old honeywell frost and room stats had the same chassis. you could actually put the lid from a frost on a roomstat. Thereby making it impossible to change.

Sponsored Links
The school I went to had standard room stats in the rooms, with horrid metal covers over them, such that there was a gap between the cover and the wall. Clever vandals knew what was under the lid, and while waiting on the stairwell for a lesson, they would prise it away just enough to turn the stat right up and when their lesson was finished they'd come out into the blazing hot stairwell, much to their glee :LOL: (the whole school was heated by a coal boiler, which distributed its heat to fan heaters via hot water pipes)

why not fit a discreet stat that can't be seen or dos'nt look like a stat

and a well seen dummy stat ;)

The standard satchwell TX stats used to have plastic catches on the reverse of the dial , you simply used to push then round before fitting the dial, this limited movement fully or to within the desired range.

This was a few years back when they were squarer the newer style is similar but more , rounded now, so may not still have the feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back