Tap and Toilet problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

I have a few months ago had a new bathroom fitted. I'm already having some problems with the tap and toilet and hope you guys can help me :(

The Tap a modern square design that lifts to open water. It is really hard to lift though and creaks/sticks I'm thinking that it maybe a washer. I have found a metal seal, but I don't know how to open it...any ideas?

The toilet is also modern design, but is already slightly rocking if someone sits on it...how do i make it more stable? Are there any hidden screws that need tightening?

Thanks very much for your help!

Sponsored Links
I think Andy may have a point here......those taps look good in position, but unless they are a popular make like Bristan, Grohe etc then spares are nigh on impossible to get.
The loo needs to sit on a bed of silicone ideally as your tiles are of the riven type.
Loo fixings are often through the side, where locating screws fix into a bracket hiden by the loo plinth.
John :)

I forgot to add...i've had an argument with the bathroom fitter and he walked off with 90% payment and was not willing to continue, so i've got no way of getting him to come back and will have to find a way of fixing it myself.

The toilet issue not my main problem at the moment as the rocking is very slight and only happens when a lot of pressure is applied to one side.

My main concern is the tap...how do i open it? I'm sure it's a Bristan make by the way...

Sponsored Links
under that cap is a grub screw remove that the handle will come off.

I don't think thats a bristan.

thanks very much.

A silly question, but i've tried taking the cap off with a screwdriver and it's slippery...what could i use?

Thank u very much seco services.

It's late now, but I will try this tomorrow and let you know how I get on. :)

Good nite

Just to update you, I tried to force the cap off from the back of the tap, but had no luck with it :( Any other ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back