tap disaster! Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I bought some new taps, and when I've come to put them on the outlet is too wide for the holes, so will have to drill more holes further across but that will leave me with holes visible. I need a chrome sheet to cover it 9 inches long and with a centre hole with a diameter of no more than 30mm. I've seen these base plates / mounting plates / eschutcheon plates before....but can I find one now....NOPE.
There is ONE on ebay but the centre hole is too big and its too long.
Any help will be very gratefully recieved.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You bought the wrong taps for where they are going.

Did you not measure for them?

Looks like you just need to order the correct taps now.

buying new taps is not an option, bought the taps ages ago for the bath which was already in the house we bought and not throwing money away.
If I'd measured, I obviously wouldn't be asking for help as I'd have the right taps.
Just need to know where to get a base plate from but have found one now in the UK so problem solved.
Thanks anyway

Sounds like a right bodge job.

Find a local metal workshop, give them the measurement of the plate,
Get them to cut you some stainless sheet and get them to drill the tap holes in it.

Silicone it onto the bath.
Will probably look crap.

Sponsored Links
As OP says, sorted now. I'm glad, because I could not understand the grammar of the question!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back