taping gyprock corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why do you need to use the paper tape for corners and not the gauze stuff which you can use for normal joints cheers

Sponsored Links
Are u reffering to internal or external corners in relation to Ames Taping over New Gyproc ?

i have used the metal tape for an external corner, the fibreglass gauze stuff for flat joints and i have 3 internal corners to do, to buy paper tape roll i would have to buy huge roll so can you tell me why you can not use the fibreglass gauze for an internal corner , by the way what is the correct name for that fibre gauze i sound like a cowboy with my descriptions at times :LOL: diyer but when i do something i do it only the correct way cheers

Some people use Fiba Tape (fibre gauze, as u call it) for internal corners. However, one or two or three years later all the filler or plaster starts to fall out. Therefore, u MUST use paper tape on internal corners as it is more hardwearing.

Sponsored Links
cheers third eye , ha ha i have seen that happen here at ceiling level meeting walls but didnt know what caused it i assume that may be why

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back