tapping from Baxi boiler

B

bobaboo42

Hello everyone,

finally decided to sign up to the site after months of reading it (all good!).

I hope someone can give me some direction on this, i expect its very obvious to someone else. Approx 2 months the Baxi boiler in my kitchen began making a quick tapping noise, though it was very fine. Its fairly quick and is continuous.

Also, whilst observing this Baxi boiler over the 3 years i have lived here, it seems to "click" into life, boil for perhaps 2-3 mins then shut down again. It has always done this and there doesn't seem to be any issue (except the tapping) - but is that normal?

i suspect that a pipe may have moved over the 6years of its life and is the cause of the tapping. I am a first-time home owner so still fairly rubbish at DIY but trying to learn!

thank you in advance!
Bob

Sponsored Links
Hi,

sorry for the tardy reply; its a Baxi Solo 12. I suspect its a metal pipe knocking, but i dont know where to begin! I was hoping it was a common fault

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back